- Do stories about you or your business never make it onto TV or into the papers?
- Do you write press releases or pitches that never result in media enquiries?
- Do your competitors get better coverage in newspapers or on TV?
- Are you buzzing with ideas for newspapers or magazines but don’t know how to approach an editor?
It is a fact: editorial coverage has four times the value of advertising. And with thousands of websites, newspapers, magazines and broadcasters out there, the media is a hungry beast. If you know how to make the most of that PR opportunity, it is an excellent means of promoting yourself, building awareness of your brand and your business, and raising your profile.
This practical How to do your own PR course will give you an insight into how the media operates, the types of stories it covers and how to pitch your ideas.
It is aimed at business owners and start-ups without a PR department or agency, individuals such as writers who want to raise their profile and voluntary organisations which need publicity for events & good causes.
How to do your own PR courses will cover:
1. How the media operates
2. How to target the right media and develop relationships with journalists
3. How to use social media to raise your profile and reach out to journalists
4. How to develop headline-grabbing stories about your business
5. Practical brainstorming session to discuss your ideas
6. How to pitch story ideas
7. How to write a successful pitch or press release
Find out about our other training courses, and our media consultancy and video production, either call us on 020 8332 6200 or click here now to discuss how our range of services could help you make the most of the media.