1. Do stories about your or your business never make it onto TV or into the papers?
2. Do you write press releases or pitches that never result in media inquiries?
3. Do your competitors get better coverage in newspapers or on TV?
4. Are you buzzing with ideas for newspapers or magazines but don’t know how to approach an editor?
It is a fact: editorial coverage has four times the value of advertising. And with thousands of websites, newspapers, magazines and broadcasters out there, the media is a hungry beast. If you know how to make the most of that opportunity, it is an excellent means of promoting yourself, building awareness of your brand and your business and raising your profile.
We have teamed up with the wonderful How to Academy to bring you a masterclass in doing your own PR. We will give you an insight into how the media operates, the types of stories it covers and how to pitch your ideas.
The course is aimed at:
1. Small business owners or start-ups without a PR department or agency
2. Individuals such as writers who want to raise their profile
3. Voluntary organisations which need publicity for events & good causes
The half day session will cover:
1. How the media operates
2. How to target the right media and develop relationships with journalists
3. How to use social media to raise your profile and reach out to journalists
4. How to develop headline-grabbing stories about your business
5. Practical brainstorming session to discuss your ideas
6. How to pitch story ideas
7. How to write a successful pitch or press release
The course is taking place on the 20th March between 9.30 and 12.30, at the Conde Nast College of Fashion & Design at 16-17 Greek Street, London W1D 4DR. To secure your place, click here.