A couple of months ago, I became involved in a charity mentoring festival organised by the Motivating Mum website in association with International Women’s Day, called Mummy Mentoring Month.
As part of it business women were asked to send in blogs – and my blog the Essential Media Toolkit, was one of those published on the site.
Now these have all been collected into an E-Book, Motivating Business Mums, which aims to offer inspiration, advice and practical tips for anyone thinking about setting up a business.
It gathers together 45 blogs written by business women – in a whole range of styles, lengths and perspectives, some sharing professional expertise, others giving their personal experiences of setting up a business.
A few of the titles include:
- The Value of Being Mentored, and in Mentoring Others by Karen Gunton
- 60-Second Networking Introductions: 5 Practical and 3 Confidence Tips for Delivering
Great 60 Second Speeches by Grace Marshall
- My Journey as a Freelance Accountant by Sarah Hamilton of SJH Accounting
- Overwhelm Or …What to do when all the Balls are Threatening to Drop at Once? by Fiona Muir
- A Woman’s Guide to Surviving the Recession by Penny Power
- Overcoming Challenges by Sally Preston
- 5 Tips on Marketing Your Business by Andrea Opoku
- First Aid training – is it a Priority? by Emma Hammett
- Maternity Pay and Allowance for Business Owners by Ingrid Niang
- What do You Want to Be when You Grow Up? by Slummy Single Mummy
One aim of Mummy Mentoring Month was to raise money for the charity the Nema Foundation, and 20% of any royalties from the book will be donated to the charity.
The charity provides aid, support and education for women in rural Mozambique so that they can better provide for their families.
Please help support the Nema Foundation – and give yourself a jolly good read, by buying a copy of Motivating Business Mums.